10. Content Management
In Content Management you can create courses that you can offer either as free or commercial product.
Under this option you can see all existing courses listed. You can also see some of the most important attributes of each course such as title, type etc.
Add New Course
Under this option you can create a new course. Please note that each course needs to belong to a product group. After you create a new course, don’t forget to add it to a product group even if it’s not a commercial course. The following settings are used here:
- Course title: this title can be seen on the frontend
- Course meta title: this can be a longer title of the course. It is displayed in the browser tab and in search results.
- Course meta description: this is a short description of the course. It is read by search engines and may be displayed in search results.
- Course picture: this is a cover image that is displayed on each individual course page. For best result use an image with the following dimensions: 1920px bx 470px
- Course list picture: this image is used on the main course page where all courses are listed. For best result use an image with the following dimensions: 510px bx 340px
- Description: a short description of the course. It is displayed on the main course list page and on the course individual page.
- Course type: can be commercial or private. Commercial courses can be purchased. Commercial courses require products added to their product groups.
- Course instructor: assign a user to this course as an instructor.
- Hide from course list: select “Yes” if you do not want this course to appear on the main course list page. It’s ideal while the course content is being uploaded.
- Upload an ad banner: this setting is optional. You can upload an image ad banner and display it in the sidebar of the lessons.
- Course requirements: you can add requirements, pre-requisites for each course. Requirements must be separated by the “|” sign.
- Hide subscribe widget for lessons: by default a newsletter subscription widget is displayed in the sidebar. Set this to “Yes” if you want to hide it. If you want to display it, don’t forget to set the “Email Marketing” settings.
Under this option you can see all your existing lessons with their attributes. Here you can also edit, delete or view each lesson.
Add New Lesson
Under this option you can create a new lesson and assign it to a course. Lessons must be assigned to a course and a course must contain at least one lesson. The following settings are used here:
- Lesson title: this title can be seen on the course page and on the lesson page.
- Lesson meta title: this can be a longer title of the lesson. It is displayed in the browser tab and in search results.
- Lesson meta description: this is a short description of the lesson. It is read by search engines and may be displayed in search results.
- Lesson Picture: here you can upload an image that best represents your particular lesson. This is displayed on the course page lesson list.
- Description: a short description of the lesson. This is also displayed on the course page lesson listings.
- Add to course: here you can select a course this lesson will belong to.
- Lesson order: this is the order lessons will be listed on the course page.
- Add video: you can a video here that will be displayed on the top of the lesson page. This is an optional setting, you do not need to have a video in a lesson. Use the sharable embed code from YouTube, Vimeo or other video sharing sites.
- Lesson content: this is a text based content that can be added to each lesson. Use the editor to format your content.
- Free lesson: set this option to “Yes” if you want people to access this lesson without purchase.
- Disable comments for this lesson: set this to “Yes” if you don’t want people to post comments on the lesson anymore.
- Upload resource: upload resource files related to this lesson. The files will be visible to course users and will be able to download them.
- External links: you can add up to 4 external link resources to lessons. These links will be listed with the uploaded resources.
Under this menu you can see all comments made by course users. You can see an excerpt of the comment body, which lesson it was posted in, who posted it and when. You can also delete comments here.